Saturday, April 2, 2011

Homeschool Convention

Jeff and I went to Cincinnati this weekend for the Midwest Home School Convention. The main reason I picked this convention was because Michelle Duggar was a speaker. I truly am inspired by her mothering and home schooling attitude. She challenges and convicts me to be a better wife, mother, and teacher to the children He has intrusted me to. However, there were thousands of people at the convention and I never imagined that I would personally get to meet her and share how grateful I am to her for encouraging words she shares every Monday night. But as we were going down one of the escalators Jeff  saw her and she graciously took time to talk and take a picture with us.  As we were checking out of the hotel the next this morning we ran into them again since we stayed at the same hotel. Jeff was excited to shake Jim Bob's hand and talk to him. However, I had my hands full and didn't get the camera out. (Sorry honey). Anyway, they are truly good people and love the Lord with all their heart.
We also met Josh and Anna Duggar. They are so down to earth and they talk to you like you've known them forever. Jeff and Josh talked about Josh's new car lot. Seriously, like they were buds having a day to day conversations. It was an honor to meet them too and see them praising God for their blessings.

This morning we took a break from the convention and decided to go over to the Creation Museum since it was only twenty minutes away then headed back to the convention. Overall, we had a great two days together reaffirming our belief in home schooling along with sparking new ideas for next fall.

No comments: