Thursday, October 11, 2012

Why I love CM

Today I took the kiddos to the park for their nature study. It reminded me why I love teaching them using Charlotte Mason's methods. This kind of learning is not something they can get from a book. One must witness with the eyes the wonders of our great creator. I can't express enough how much using Ms. Mason's methods of teaching has blessed their lives and allowed them to see and experience so much more than I ever imagined.
"Children should be encouraged to watch, patiently and quietly, until they learn something of the habits and history of bee, ant, wasp, spider, hairy caterpillar, dragon-fly, and whatever of larger growth comes in their way." C. Mason

"An Observant Child should be put in the way of Things worth Observing" C. Mason

"They must be let alone, left to themselves a great deal, to take in what they can of the beauty of earth and heavens."  Mason

No comments: