Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Walkin in Faith

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1
So far our short walk down this adoption road has all ready caused me tears and feelings of emotions I never expected. Everything in this process requires us to totally trust in Him. One of the things I dealt with today is that I am so worried that we are going to pick the wrong country which does not lead us to the child God wants us to. As some you may know or to others it may not be a big surprise, but I like to be in control of everything. This is something I have no control over. I am having to leave it at His throne and walk away trusting everything to Him. This morning I was questioning God about the country we chose. Jeff had to once again remind me that it is in His hands. If we can help one child, despite whatever country she is in, then that is one more child that is going to a loving home. So now I must walk in Faith even if I can't see. So in my devotional time I have been going back through a Bible study I just did which dealt with a lot on faith (funny how God prepares us for what He knows what we will be needing soon) and writing everything down that will give me encouragement. Also spending a lot of time in Hebrews 11. Maybe you need a little Faith today...

"And without faith it is impossible to please God because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Hebrews 11:6

"The rest of faith is uniting the word of God with faith for a particular situation." Kay Arthur

"Faith is taking God at his word.." Kay Arthur

"You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God you will receive what he has promised." Hebrews 10:36

"As we live this life of faith we are to fix our mind on Jesus at all times." Kay Arthur

"To know God's word is one thing, but to live by it, apply it, trust it, act on it, cling to it is a another thing altogether." Kay Arthur

No comments: