Friday, December 23, 2011

2 days of serving

I really was starting to wonder if we were going to get today's count down in. Today is one of those days when I really needed to do this; to take a deep breath and realize the precious reason we celebrate Christmas by letting others see Jesus through us. From the time I got up this morning it has been non-stop. The kiddos and I had to go to the grocery this morning and patiently get through the crowd. Put groceries away, start making cookie doughs, got Jeff up early so he could be Santa and go to Noblesville to pick up a gift, then take the kiddos out to the woods for a walk. While we were out in the woods Ally discovered something very smelly, and dirty. Of course she had to roll all in it. Once we got back home she needed a bath so Livy took on that chore. In the meantime the boys say they are freezing from the walk and want hot chocolate. So while I am helping Livy finish up Ally, Josh spills his hot chocolate all over himself. Got that cleaned up. Then as soon as I start making chocolate covered pretzels Ally throws up.  While this is all going on I'm praying for and telling God there is no way we are going to be able to serve someone else today when we are a circus act. Then while I'm thanking Him that I'm not a single mom, because I can't imagine having days like this without my hubby to help me, He lays it on my heart what we are suppose to do for today.  He  reminds me of a single mom I know who can't drive, is handicapped and her son has some disabilities. I call her up and ask her if she would like to get out of the house for the evening and go see the Christmas lights around town and get some ice cream. When we picked them up she and her son were so excited. And once again He has humbled me to realize that amidst all the craziness in our lives that we are so blessed in many ways we take for granted everyday. However, I must share that before we left Nate decided, for only God knows why, that the Lincoln Log bucket with all the blocks in it looked like a toilet and pottied in it. Also, Ally threw up again on our bed. So we had to throw the blocks into the laundry room sink to soak and the bedding into the washer before we left. Oh, the joys of being a momma!


        I heard this song today and it really sums up what these days of serving have meant for us.


No comments: